In this week’s episode we’re talking about subcontracting. This is when a copywriter or agency uses someone else to write the copy. Generally they pass out the work and pay the writer a percentage of the overall fee.
It’s something we get asked about a lot, as often, as your copywriting business grows, it can seem like a great way to earn more money without actually writing copy.
But subcontracting can be problematic, and today we share our experiences and tips with you.
Tune in to learn:
- The pros and cons of using subcontracting copywriters in your business
- Belinda and Kate’s own experiences of using subcontractors
- The pros and cons of being a subcontractor
- Answers to the big subcontracting questions including:
- Whether you can get a testimonial for work you did as a subcontractor?
- Where you can use subcontracting work in your portfolio
- The average margin charged on top of your rate
- How much time you need to spend editing work from your subcontractors
- Whether you have to disclose that you’re using a subcontractor
Listen to the podcast below:
Share the pod love!
We read out a review at the end of each show, and today we’re giving a shout out to larrye5012 for the great review.
Share the meme: