Stop getting in your own way. Start branding.
As copywriters, we get to hide behind our keyboards – writing the words that put our clients in the spotlight.
And for many of us, it’s just where we want to be.
But are we doing ourselves a disservice?
Today we’re going to be talking to Mike Kim about building a personal brand and what it can mean for us as copywriters and business owners.
His own podcast Brand You is where he talks about all those things and more..
But today, he’s all ours.
Tune in to learn:
- The surprising start to Mike’s career
- Whether having a personal brand means we have to be a celebrity
- The elements of a strong personal brand
- How to start building your personal brand
- How a personal brand will compete or complement your business brand
- How a copywriter can develop a personal brand that genuinely stands out in an internet of copywriters
- How to communicate core brand values through content
- Mistakes most people make when it comes to their own brand
- What we need to get over in order to have a strong personal brand
Listen to the podcast
Share the pod love
Oh and huge props Lizzie Macaulay for this review on Facebook.
“As a mum of 2 youngsters (1&3), I am usually saddled with Wiggles-filled car journeys at every turn. Discovering the Hot Copy podcast has been a game-changer in more ways than I can count. Goodbye Wiggles, hello smart, witty, professional advice that has really shaped how I approach setting up my own service in regional Queensland. We have worked through nearly the entire catalogue in the last month or so, and it is my suspicion Kate and Belinda’s tips are shaping two mini writers as well! 😉
Thank you both for all you do, and keep up the fantastic work!” – Lizzie Macaulay
Mike Kim is a speaker and marketing strategist who specializes in brand strategy and copywriting.
He’s been hired by some of today’s most influential thought leader brands including John Maxwell, Donald Miller, Suzanne Evans, and Catalyst.
For years he was the Chief Marketing Officer of a successful multi-million dollar company near New York City.
Nowadays you’ll find him speaking at conferences, looking for the next great place to scuba dive, and sipping a glass of Macallan 15 — all while teaching everything he knows about branding, entrepreneurship, and life through his hit podcast, Brand You.
Share the meme
Connect with Mike