A step by step process to get that first draft done.
Does the blank page ever mock you? That blinking cursor, flashing at your lack of ability to start this copywriting project… to write a killer headline or craft a first sentence that wows each and every reader…?
You’re not alone.
Once you land a job, starting the actual writing can feel like the biggest hurdle you’ll face but we’ve got your back. We’re starting a series about our complete writing process, from a blank page to the final draft.
This episode is all about getting to the first draft.
Tune in to learn:
- How Belinda and Kate start every single project
- The easiest way to beat the blank page
- How to make sure you have the right tone of voice
- Where brainstorming and research fit in
- Whether you can edit as you write
Listen to the podcast below:
Question for the listeners:
How do YOU start each copywriting project? Do you have a system or do you just let it flow?
Share the meme:
Share the pod love!
Thanks to Lucy – Baby Berry Collective for a fantastic review of the show.
- How to know if your copy is client ready
- Copy Deck Template and Course
- The smart copywriter’s guide to copy decks: presenting your copywriting (so your client loves you before they read it)
- E11 Copywriting features, benefits and… Disadvantages?
- Hot Copy E20: Why your sign off process is SO important
- Hot Copy E31: Why copy formatting is SO important
- Hot Copy E64: Copywriting formulas: Smart copywriting? Or cheating?