Brainstorming benefits from features is an essential copywriting technique. One you really have to master if you want to write compelling copy. But many copywriters fall short of nailing the real benefit on the table. Do you?
In this episode we get technical, talking about features and benefits with some surprising differences and techniques to help your brainstorming.
Want to know more?
Tune in to learn:
- Belinda and Kate’s technique for going from features to advantages and finally, to the benefits that matter to customers
- Examples of that technique in action
- When to use features rather than benefits
- The surprising reason why including disadvantages actually boost your copywriting
Listen to the podcast below
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Share the pod love!
If you like what you’re hearing on Hot Copy, the best way to support the show is to take just a few seconds to leave a rating and / or comment over on iTunes or Stitcher. Thanks!
- Features and benefits are dead (Admarco)
- The Curious Secret to Building Trust and Credibility (Rough Draft)
This is completely worth a good hard listen. Not only is there valuable information and an interesting new perspective (for me anyway) contained within, there are some really bad jokes at the end.
HAHA glad you stuck around until the end Bec! They’re really very funny (if you listen enough times 😉 — Belinda
Nice tips and it’s definetely worth listening to. Now it is very comfortable to work from home and online services give us such an advantage (e.g. Freelancer, PeoplePerHour, 2Polyglot), so we must use it on a hundred percent definetely.