Today we’re talking to Ryan Wallman Head of Copy at Wellmark, a Melbourne creative agency that specialises in niche industries and in particular healthcare and pharmaceutical communications. Ryan has an alter ego Dr Draper on Twitter and is a well known name in copywriting circles.
Tune in to learn:
- What a Head of Copy job entails
- How Ryan started out as a copywriter
- Advice for copywriters considering specialisation
- Whether you need qualifications to become a medical copywriter?
- Tips for breaking into agency land
- Ryan’s biggest challenges in his copywriter career
- Ryan’s creative process
- Tips for newbie copywriters
Listen to the podcast below
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Share the pod love!
If you like what you’re hearing on Hot Copy, the best way to support the show is to take just a few seconds to leave a rating and / or comment over on iTunes or Stitcher. Thanks!
Thanks to Andrea Rowe from Your Coastal Connection for her fab review, read out on the show.
Thanks very much for having me on the show! Really enjoyed the chat.
We loved having you!
Thanks for this interview. As a midwife/nurse and a writer, this has helped me think a little more seriously about combining the two specialities.
Glad you enjoyed it @disqus_I2bu0HpyEb:disqus – yes I think you’ve got something there. Always good to bring your life skills to your mad writing skills.