Do you ever wish you could step back in time and talk to your younger self? In this episode Belinda and Kate chat about some of the copywriting lessons they’ve learned along the way and what we wished we’d know when we started out. Perhaps you can benefit from their hindsight!
Tune in to learn:
- What Belinda wanted to be when she grew up
- Why you should make your competitors your buddies
- Why being successful and working yourself into the ground are NOT the same thing
- Why referring work to other copywriters is a great idea
- How some clients won’t be that into you and that’s okay
- Why your first draft will be rubbish and that’s okay
- Why it’s better to do one thing well than to try to do too much
Listen to the podcast below
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Share the pod love!
If you like what you’re hearing on Hot Copy, the best way to support the show is to take just a few seconds to leave a rating and / or comment over on iTunes or Stitcher. Thanks!
And a big shout out to Loren Bartley from Business Addicts for leaving a fab review for us. We’re glad you’re loving the show!
Share the meme:
I always find useful tips and inspiration when I listen to your podcasts! Now this one made me a teeny bit jealous. Too many clients? Man what a sad problem, I wish I had that one.
Oh ugh did we sound showy offy? I hope not. Winning clients is so tough, did you check our earlier podcast on this topic? Thanks for listening!
Oh no Kate you didn’t sound showy offy. It wasn’t you it was me, heh heh. I only focus on business development when I’m not travelling, so my client acquisition is totally lumpy. I will check out that earlier post, thanks.